Burtonsville Elder Law Attorney
Serving Montgomery County & Surrounding Areas
At the Law Office of Eshigo P. Okasili, LLC, our objective is to help you and your loved ones to maintain your dignity and your legal rights in the golden years of life. We strongly advocate for the elderly and their families, providing a wide range of services that focus on your specific needs. Our Burtonsville elder law attorney brings a wealth of legal experience that combines compassion, personalized attention, and the extensive knowledge needed to handle vital financial, estate, housing, abuse, and other day-to-day senior matters. These matters are the issues unique to the elderly and the disabled.
Elder Law Issues We Handle
The needs of the elderly and the disabled differ considerably from younger adults. These specialized needs often combine many practice areas and call for specific services from a legal professional who understands the emotional and physical challenges that may accompany them.
We offer assistance in all matters relating to the care and future of you or your elder loved one, including:
- Estate planning, to ensure that all wishes related to your estate are documented and honored and to help plan for future financial needs as they relate to assisted living, nursing home care, and more.
- Asset protection, to avoid the negative consequences of incorrect planning as it pertains to Medicare, Medicaid, and the exorbitant expenses of medical or nursing home care.
- Advance directives/living wills, to ensure that your desires are followed at end-of-life medical care or when you are unable to express your wishes. Advance directives are legal documents specifying the type of medical interventions you wish to have or not have.
- Powers of attorney, in which you designate someone you trust to make financial, legal, or life decisions when you are unable to.
- Adult guardianships, in which someone is appointed by the court to make financial, medical, and personal decisions for an adult who is unable to and who has not been protected by other legal means.
- Elder abuse and/or neglect, in which you legally hold others responsible for the medical, financial, emotional, or sexual abuse of your loved one, whether in a nursing home setting or other arrangement.
- Nursing home abuse, in which you make a legal claim against the facility that has harmed your loved one while under its care.
Get Effective Legal Help from the Law Office of Eshigo P. Okasili, LLC
Our elder law attorney in Burtonsville is dedicated to providing excellent legal service that is tailored to your specific needs in regards to elder law. Every case we handle is unique with its own particular set of circumstances, facts, needs, and objectives. We understand how important it is to listen to you and provide realistic expectations while we move forward with the legal documents and tools that work to resolve your issues.
Call Law Office of Eshigo P. Okasili, LLC at (301) 760-2066 to get started today.
We Help Everyone
We are committed to providing outstanding legal services to all people, regardless of race, creed, gender, socio-economic status, political views, and sexual orientation.
We recognize and respect that every client and situation is different. At the Law office of Eshigo P. Okasili, we create customized solutions that best fit the needs of our clients.
First Hand Experience
As an immigrant herself, Eshigo P. Okasili has experienced the immigration process first hand. She is dedicated to helping her clients find hope and rebuild their lives.
Our main goal is to obtain the best possible outcome for our clients while recognizing and respecting their individuality and uniqueness.