Burtonsville Employment Lawyer
Tailored Legal Strategies in Montgomery County
As a member of the workforce, you spend a substantial amount of time at your place of employment. For many people, that amounts to 40 hours weekly, and for those who work overtime or on commission, it could be much more. As a result, you expect and deserve a safe workplace environment, preferably one that creates a positive atmosphere that will enhance and not detract from your work performance. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Issues can arise that violate public policy and employment law which need to be addressed by a legal professional.
Reach out to the Law Office of Eshigo P. Okasili, LLC at (301) 760-2066 for knowledgeable legal help with your employment law matter.
Employment Law Matters We Handle
The Law Office of Eshigo P. Okasili, LLC offers focused and experienced legal assistance with all types of employment law issues. We understand the difficulties employees may face when it comes to a wide variety of matters that can undermine work performance. Our Burtonsville employment lawyer has helped many different workers in resolving these matters successfully.
We handle the following employment law issues, and more:
- Discrimination in the workplace, based on age, race, national origin, disability, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Whistleblower-related matters, such as retaliation for the disclosure of non-ethical or illegal activity on the part of your employer.
- Workplace bullying, consisting of abusive conduct directed at you by one or more individuals which involves threats, humiliation, intimidation, and/or sabotage of your ability to get work done.
- Workplace safety, in which safety violations or the lack of safety programs threatens your health or well-being.
- Workplace violence, in which you have been exposed to verbal or physical threats or intimidation or physically aggressive behavior from a co-worker, customer, client, supervisor, outsider in the environment, or someone you have a relationship with outside of work.
- Sexual abuse/harassment, consisting of inappropriate sexual behavior, innuendos, slurs, and other actions.
- Hostile work environment, in which unwelcome and/or offensive behavior causes you discomfort, anxiety, or humiliation, such as sexual harassment, ageism, or other stereotypical slurs, innuendos, or acts.
- Wage and hour violations, in which laws have been violated regarding minimum wage, overtime, and more.
- Wrongful termination, consisting of terminating you for legal complaints, discrimination, or other protections.
We Help Everyone
We are committed to providing outstanding legal services to all people, regardless of race, creed, gender, socio-economic status, political views, and sexual orientation.
We recognize and respect that every client and situation is different. At the Law office of Eshigo P. Okasili, we create customized solutions that best fit the needs of our clients.
First Hand Experience
As an immigrant herself, Eshigo P. Okasili has experienced the immigration process first hand. She is dedicated to helping her clients find hope and rebuild their lives.
Our main goal is to obtain the best possible outcome for our clients while recognizing and respecting their individuality and uniqueness.